In Food Demo this week we made this delicious corn bread to go with Dawne's soup recipe. You can whip this recipe up while you are waiting for your soup to cook!
Makes: 8"x8” baking pan
¾ cup cornmeal
1 and ¼ cups milk
1 cup all-purpose flour OR ½ cup all-purpose AND ½ cup whole wheat
½ Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 cup white sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰F and grease an 8"x8” baking pan.
2. Combine cornmeal and milk in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes or so.
3. Mix together dry ingredients: In a medium sized bowl, whisk together; flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Mix together wet ingredients: Add eggs and oil to cornmeal mixture and stir until smooth.
5. Put it all together: Add the wet ingredients to dry and mix gently until the batter just comes together.
6. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minute or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cornbread comes out clean.
If you want to share any photos of your cooking or have any questions please feel free to get in touch with Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org