Last week we made some beautiful garden stones together. Try out this recipe with your children and send us a photo of your new garden decorations!
What you need:
Plaster of Paris Powder (you can find this at Canadian Tire)
Jugs of water and cups for the water
Disposable container(s) to mix the plaster
Plastic spoons for mixing
Container(s) for the molds
Decorative items (ideas: pretty beach rocks, beach glass, plastic jewels, fake flowers, toys, glitter...)
Bags for cleaning up
How to make it:
1. Use a disposable container to mix the plaster.
2. Mix the plaster with a ratio of about 2 cups of plaster to 1 cup of water.
3. Stir well until the plaster has a pancake batter consistency.
4. Spray your mold with cooking spray
5. Pour the plaster into your mold and tap a few times to release any bubbles.
6. Let the plaster thicken for a few minutes.
7. When it starts to thicken, press your decorative items into the plaster (if it’s still too thin to hold the decorations, wait a little longer).
8. Leave to set overnight.
9. Pop the plaster out of the mold the following day. It might still feel cool/damp. Set on newspaper to dry out fully for another few days.
10. Place your beautiful new stone in the garden or a plant pot!
We hope you have fun making this quick and easy craft! If you have any questions, please feel free to connect with Natasha Horne at firstname.lastname@example.org