In Food Demo today we made these Buttermilk Drop Biscuits to go with our Curried Squash and Red Lentil Soup. These biscuits are delicious with any soup or as a snack with jam and cheese.
Makes: 12 biscuits
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
½ and 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 ½ Tablespoons white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk OR sour milk (add 1 Tablespoon of white or cider vinegar to 1 cup of milk and stir)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. If not using buttermilk prepare sour milk, see above.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. In another bowl, combine eggs, oil and buttermilk.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until everything is just combined.
6. Drop spoonfuls of dough directly on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
If you want to share any photos of your cooking or have any questions please feel free to get in touch with Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org