In Coffee Talk for Parents we made some delicious Apple Crisp to enjoy with our coffee and conversation! Try out the recipe and let us know how it goes.
5-6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced ¼ inch thick.
2-3 tablespoons of white sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of quick cooking oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 cup of butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 ° F
2. Place the sliced apples in a square greased pan.
3. Mix the 1/2 tablespoon of flour, the white sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the apples.
4. Pour water all over the apples.
5. Combine the oats, 1/2 cup of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together.
6. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
7. Bake at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes, until the apples are soft.