Eve shared this delicious breakfast bar recipe in the Food Demo today! We used carrots from the Community Farm and served the bars with vanilla yogurt. This is such a tasty and nutrition breakfast when you're running out the door in the morning. Try out the recipe at home and let us know how it goes.
Makes: 9 servings
½ cup flour
1 and ½ cup oats (don't use steel cut oats)
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch of salt
1 large egg
¼ cup milk
1 large ripe banana
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup grated carrots
¼ cup raisins (optional)
¼ cup sunflower seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking pan: a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with vegetable oil.
2. Mix dry ingredients: mix flour, rolled oats, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, raisins, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients: In a separate bowl mix egg, banana, milk, vanilla, carrots, and vegetable oil.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry: Stir well to combine.
5. Bake: Add batter to pan and place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes (or until edges are slightly browned). Remove from oven: and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
6. Store: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serving suggestion: Serve with yogurt or cream cheese frosting with a side of fruit.
If you want to share any photos of your cooking or have any questions please feel free to get in touch with Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org