Makes: 4-6 servings
Join Nahla in The North Grove's kitchen to make some tasty Spinach Puffs and Everyday Salad!
Spinach Puff Ingredients:
1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 egg beaten (save half for brushing)
2 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Unfold puff pastry; cut sheet into 12 sections. Place in greased mini muffin cups, pressing gently onto bottoms and up sides, allowing corners to point up.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, feta, ½ the egg, garlic, pepper and salt.
3. Spoon 1 tablespoon into each cup. Bring pastry corners together and pinch to seal. Then brush the edges of the pastry with the remaining egg.
4. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Everyday Salad Ingredients:
5 ounces spring greens mix (or any salad greens you prefer)
Half of an English cucumber, very thinly sliced
Half of a medium red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
1/2 cup pepitas or toasted pine nuts (or any other nuts or seeds you prefer)
1. To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined.
2. To make the salad, combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss with the dressing until evenly combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!